Federal Work Study jobs at UNT Dallas are funded by the federal government. Your eligibility for the work-study program is determined by financial need, satisfactory academic progress, and an enrollment status of at least quarter-time.
There are several FWS jobs available right now! Click on the job to apply now!
Resources for Departments
Powerpoint with instructions on how to request a FWS student, how to hire a FWS student, and how to pay your FWS student.
Amount of Awards
- Based on established financial need.
- Maximum award is $5,000 per nine-month academic period, ($2500 for fall and $2500 for spring).
- Students are generally paid on the 1st and 15th of every month.
- Students are paid at least the federal minimum wage.
- Departments determine the wages per hour, job duties, and approval all timesheets for the employee.
- Repayment is not required. The money you earn is yours to help pay your education expenses in any way you see fit.
- Must be reported as earnings on your income tax return the following year.
- When completing the FAFSA for the following year, report your Work-Study earnings under the Additional Financial Information section. (Work-Study earnings are treated as financial aid rather than income when the Expected Family Contribution is calculated.)
For more information, please email: FWS@untdallas.edu.