Scholarships Availabe to GRADUATE Students
Graduate Studies Academic Achievement Scholarship
- The University of North Texas at Dallas Graduate Programs Scholarship Committee, which consists of a representative from each master's degree program, will administer the application and selection process for the Graduate Studies Academic Achievement Scholarship.
- Students are eligible to receive the UNT Dallas Graduate Studies Academic Achievement Scholarship for a maximum of three academic years (nine semesters) depending on the program of study. Master's degree students completing degrees requiring 30-48 credit hours may receive the scholarship for up to two (2) years or 6 semesters. Master's degree students completing degrees requiring 60 credits hours may receive the scholarship for up to three (3) years or 9 semesters.
- The standard scholarship allotment per student at UNT Dallas is currently a minimum of $500 or maximum of $1,000 per semester or $1,500 or a maximum of $3,000 per academic standard year.
- New Students: Applicants must have been admitted to a UNT Dallas master's degree program or have a completed application file. Applicants who will be first-time graduate students should, at a minimum, have a 2.80 or higher overall GPA or a 3.00 or higher GPA on the last 60 hours of coursework leading to the bachelor's degree.
- Current UNT Dallas Graduate Students: Applicants who have completed UNT Dallas graduate-level coursework must have a 3.50 GPA on a minimum of 9 credit hours of prior graduate-level work.
Students who were previously awarded a scholarship and have exhausted the semester limit for that program prior to graduation may not apply for another scholarship should they decide to enroll in extra courses to pursue an additional certification of master's degree program.