Developing the Leaders Dallas Needs
Students accepted into the Presidential Scholars Program receive a scholarship for$66,800.00 over the four years! They participate in leadership development experiences, community service initiatives and cultural programming, and also serve as the President's ambassadors for the university. The Presidential Scholarship is our most prestigious, merit-based freshman scholarship.
Presidential Scholars are equipped to be:
- Engaged leaders on campus and in the surrounding community.
- Knowledgeable in local, national and world affairs, including civic engagement, social justice, intellectual innovation and technological based communications.
- Aware of various elements of diversity and their impacts on the cultural, economic, physical and intellectual issues in society.
- Excited by diverse perspectives and points of view in order to increase their understanding of dialogue and intellectual debate.
Presidential Scholars Program Criteria
The Presidential Scholars program seeks to admit a diverse group of enthusiastic and talented students from various high schools in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. While the Presidential Scholars Program values high academic achievement, it is also important that Presidential Scholars are well-rounded individuals who are dedicated to serving their campus and community. The Presidential Scholars selection committee looks at applicants on a holistic level and takes into consideration a combination of GPA, test scores, high school and community involvement, strength of essay, and strength of recommendation letters when making selections.
Our current Presidential Scholar Profile includes students who:
- Have at least a 3.0 GPA
- Score at least an 1100 on the SAT or 23 on the ACT
- Are involved in their school and/or community
Admissions and Selection Process
- Be sure to apply for the scholarship by March 30. To complete the application click here. Submit application via email at PresidentialScholars@untdallas.edu
- Be sure to apply for admissions at applytexas.org.
- Once you submit the Presidential Scholars Program application, the scholarship committee will invite select applicants to attend an on-campus interview before making final decisions.
For More Information Contact
Marcus A. Roberson, M.Ed.